5 Transmitters are located within the parkland.
Transmitters are at least 100m from each other, and from the start/finish.
Transmitters are on from 2pm until 4pm each day from Saturday 4th of July until Sunday 12th of July.
There is no flag or registering device at the transmitters. You will need to use the MapRunF app. To find the event in the app go to Shwerkolt Cottage and press Events Near Me. The event is called “ARDF – Yarren Dheran – July 2020”
Once you start the event you shouldn’t look at your phone, but please make sure your volume is as loud as it goes so you know when you have registered as locating a transmitter.
Your time will start when you pass through the start/finish location and MapRunF registers that you were there, your time will end when pass though the start/finish location for a second time.
The Map attached to this blog post is far superior to others that I have seen of this area, but if you wish to use others then feel free.
Please park in the carpark at Shwerkolt Cottage and walk East to get to the Shwerkolt Cottage Orchard Shed. The start/finish is the water trough NE of the building.
- Do not enter the Freeway.
- There are a number of cliffs in the area. There is no need to attempt to climb up or down any cliff.
- Do not cross any fences. They are often close to the top of the previously mentioned cliffs.
- To be fair to all competitors, please only cross the creek using one of the marked bridges.
- There are hidden hazards in many areas including, logs, rocks, old fences and unmarked low cliffs.
- There is a busy bike path that runs through the middle of the map, please use caution when entering/exiting or swinging your beam on this path.
- Some of the ground is very muddy, spare shoes are recommended for the drive home.
If you venture off a track please be careful.
Whilst you are in the area
I recommend the donuts at The Pastry Board in Ringwood North, or if you want a sugar overload Pizzeria Express has Donut Snack Packs (DSPs).
Results will be available in the MapRunF app but will also be posted on this page.